Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Minerva Koenig's "Nine Days," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Nine Days by Minerva Koenig.

The entry begins:
I didn't really plan it this way, but when I've thought about actors who could play my characters, the best fits always seem to be the lesser-known and local. This pleases me no end. I'm a sucker for the undiscovered underdogs of the world, having been one myself for so long.

When I learned that I would be doing readings in front of large groups of people -- something that scares the bejesus out of me -- I considered hiring someone to read in character as Julia Kalas (my protagonist). That's how I found local Austin actor Cyndi Williams, whom I think would do really interesting things with the role.

The other day someone mentioned Camryn Manheim in a totally unrelated conversation, and I immediately knew she's who'd I'd cast as Teresa Hallstedt. She's got it all: the height...[read on]
Visit Minerva Koenig's website.

My Book, The Movie: Nine Days.

--Marshal Zeringue