Saturday, October 11, 2014

Jana Bommersbach's "Cattle Kate," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Cattle Kate by Jana Bommersbach.

The entry begins:
If my historical novel, Cattle Kate, became a movie, I'd hope that Jodie Foster would be the producer, because I think she'd love Ella Watson, the real woman behind this notorious western legend.

I wish it were filmed in Wyoming, where this real story occurred, because I like to see Hollywood spread its money out among the rest of us.

For the really bad guy, A.J. Bothwell, I'd cast Powers Boothe, an actor I'm secretly in love with. (OK, not so much a secret.) But love his work and his "man's man persona" and although he's older than Bothwell was, he's got the kind of grit that would bring that evil man to life!

For Ella's husband, James Averell, I'd cast Matthew...[read on]
Visit Jana Bommersbach's website.

Writers Read: Jana Bommersbach.

The Page 69 Test: Cattle Kate.

My Book, The Movie: Cattle Kate.

--Marshal Zeringue