Friday, August 15, 2014

Top ten books set on the seaside

Anna Wilson is the author of many books for children and teens, including Summer's Shadow. One of her ten top books set on the seaside, as shared at the Guardian:
Undertow by Joanna Nadin

This compelling YA novel, set in Cornwall in a small seaside town, deals with some huge themes: depression, family secrets and difficult relationships. It is a perfect summer holiday read for teens full of suspense and angst with a gripping plot. My daughter and I fought over this: I bought it for myself but in the end I had to let her read it first on the understanding that she was not to give anything away! The only trouble with this as a holiday read is that it is guaranteed to make you completely anti-social as you will not want to put it down.
Read about another book on the list.

--Marshal Zeringue