Friday, January 27, 2012

John Burdett's "Vulture Peak," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Vulture Peak by John Burdett.

The entry begins:
I have always wanted Tony Leung (The Lover) to play Sonchai. That bony face and the way he can play the put-upon Asian to perfection seems right to me. Also, that obvious intelligence strikes me as fitting for my central character. Of course, I'm thinking of the movie as something with psychological content - which is not a popular idea with the studios. These days the only movies that make money seem to be crude action flics which I cannot say I dislike, because...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at John Burdett's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Godfather of Kathmandu.

The Page 69 Test: Vulture Peak.

Writers Read: John Burdett.

My Book, The Movie: Vulture Peak.

--Marshal Zeringue