Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Helen Landalf's "Flyaway," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Flyaway by Helen Landalf.

The entry begins:
In order to cast my contemporary realistic YA novel, Flyaway, which is about a 15-year-old girl struggling to come to terms with the fact that her mom is a meth addict, I’d need to find three strong actresses. For the main character, Stevie, who remains fiercely loyal to her mom in spite of mounting evidence that her mom is not only a drug addict but also a neglectful mother, I’d cast Abigail Breslin, who won an Oscar for her role in Little Miss Sunshine. Breslin, who’s now 15, would bring the necessary intensity to the role of Stevie.

Another strong actress would be needed to play Stevie’s Aunt Mindy, who takes her niece in and shows her – initially against Stevie’s will – how a caring parent actually behaves. For this role I’d choose the lovely...[read on]
Visit Helen Landalf's website and blog, and watch the Flyaway trailer.

My Book, The Movie: Flyaway.

--Marshal Zeringue