Monday, January 09, 2012

Benjamin Buchholz's "One Hundred and One Nights," the movie

Now showing at My Book, the Movie: One Hundred and One Nights by Benjamin Buchholz.

The entry begins:
I bet every author has this same recurring daydream or fantasy . . . who stars in the movie production of their first novel. I certainly did (and do) think about this!

But, because this story is set in Safwan, Iraq, I'm faced with a dilemma. Do I cast someone relatively unknown who fits the right ethnic profile and hope the movie delivers that person to stardom, like, perhaps, Slumdog Millionaire did for Dev Patel, or do I seek a known star and trust the make-up, language-coaching and special effects crews to turn him into a middle aged, half-mad Iraqi man, troubled by visions of the ghost of his daughter?

For the purpose of this particular fantasy, let's go with Option #2 here and I'll toss out a couple names.

First, Brad...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Benjamin Buchholz's website.

The Page 69 Test: One Hundred and One Nights.

My Book, the Movie: One Hundred and One Nights.

--Marshal Zeringue