Monday, February 08, 2010

What is Kay Thomas reading?

The current featured contributor at Writers Read: Kay Thomas, author of the “bulletproof” romantic thrillers including Bulletproof Bodyguard, which is scheduled to hit store shelves April 13, 2010.

Part of her entry:
I recently reread Save the Cat! by Blake Snyder. I’ve found it to be a wonderful resource for plotting that I often return to when I’m starting a new book or when I hit a snag in a current work in progress. I was fortunate enough to hear Blake speak a couple of years ago at the Romance Writer’s of America conference. His work completely changed the way I look at planning a story and has saved me hours of time in solving plot problems. It was a huge loss last year when he...[read on]
Kay Thomas' debut novel, Better Than Bulletproof (January 2009) is a Romantic Times Reviewer’s Choice Nominee for Best First Series Romance. Her second book, Bulletproof Texas was released in April 2009.

Among the praise for her work:
"Fast paced, intense, a suspenseful...a page turner, start to finish."
--Barbara Vey

"Terrific romantic suspense..."
--Carla Cassidy, award-winning author
Having grown up in the heart of the Mississippi Delta, she considers herself a recovering Southern belle. Today she lives in Dallas with her husband, their two children and a shockingly spoiled Boston Terrier named Jack.

For excerpts, book trailers and more, visit Kay Thomas' website.

Writers Read: Kay Thomas.

--Marshal Zeringue