Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Q&A with Kim DeRose

From my Q&A with Kim DeRose, author of For Girls Who Walk through Fire:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

I think my title, For Girls Who Walk Through Fire, does a very good job at taking readers to the core of the story. These girls have been through something, they have walked through fire. And it simultaneously does a good job of alluding to the witches and witchcraft featured in the story because, as we know, so many women were labeled witches and burned at the stake. And yet the teen witches in my novel aren’t about to adhere to that narrative, these witches are fighting back. What I also love about the title is that it’s as much about my characters as it is about the readers. In fact, the book is partially dedicated to...[read on]
Visit Kim DeRose's website.

Q&A with Kim DeRose.

--Marshal Zeringue