Monday, January 04, 2021

Q&A with Monica Rodden

From my Q&A with Monica Rodden, author of Monsters Among Us:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

It does a lot of work. I'm very grateful to my publishing team for the title. Before it was very English major-y: Whatever Our Souls Are Made Of (based off the quote from Wuthering Heights). While my book does take some inspiration from that classic novel, that title makes it sound almost like a romance--which the story most definitely is not! Monsters Among Us tells the reader immediately that this is a thriller novel with high stakes and danger lurking in the shadows.

What's in a name?

I want to answer this one so badly, but I...[read on]
Visit Monica Rodden's website.

Q&A with Monica Rodden.

--Marshal Zeringue