Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Jeannie Mobley's "The Jewel Thief," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Jewel Thief by Jeannie Mobley.

The entry begins:
While I typically do see the scenes playing out in my head as I write them, I think the advantage to books over movies is their ability to dig deep inside the characters in their portrayal, so I don’t tend to focus on the outward appearances of characters as much. Of course, I would love to see my books made into movies, and I think The Jewel Thief would be an excellent choice right now, with the popularity of historic costume dramas, so it’s always worth thinking about.

When I hear Louis XIV speaking in my head, it is in that cool, smooth voice of Alan Rickman, so in my anything-is-possible dreamcast, I would bring back a young Alan Rickman and cast him as the king just for the luxurious voice.

Casting it with people who are actual possibilities, though, I think Aiden...[read on]
My Book, The Movie: The Jewel Thief.

--Marshal Zeringue