Thursday, April 16, 2020

Q&A with Suzanne Redfearn

From my Q&A with Suzanne Redfearn:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

I care a great deal about my titles, and an incredible amount of thought and angst goes into making the final choice. In an Instant was a title my editor came up with. Initially the book had been called Wreckage, but that title had already been used by a recent release. Lucky for me, since In an Instant turned out to be a much better title. In three catchy words, it conveys there’s going to be a life-altering event in which the characters are irrevocably changed. The only working title for any of my novels that ended up being my final title is the book that’s releasing in January, Hadley & Grace. The irony is it was the only working title that I never intended it to be the final title. The inspiration for the story was to write a modern retelling of Thelma & Louise, so I just plopped my two protagonists onto the first page and started to write. I assumed we’d...[read on]
Visit Suzanne Redfearn's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

Coffee with a Canine: Suzanne Redfearn and Cooper.

My Book, The Movie: Hush Little Baby.

The Page 69 Test: Hush Little Baby.

The Page 69 Test: No Ordinary Life.

Writers Read: Suzanne Redfearn (February 2016).

My Book, The Movie: No Ordinary Life.

My Book, The Movie: In an Instant.

The Page 69 Test: In an Instant.

Q&A with Suzanne Redfearn.

--Marshal Zeringue