Monday, April 13, 2020

Aaron Jackson's "The Astonishing Life of August March," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Astonishing Life of August March: A Novel by Aaron Jackson.

The entry begins:
My book is about a boy who was born and raised in a New York City theatre during the middle of the 20th century, so it's full of over the top, theatrical characters.

It's tricky to cast the main character, August, as it's a coming of age novel and he goes from birth to his late thirties. No matter his age, he's always precocious, adventurous, rebellious and opinionated. For the adult August, I think someone like a young Ben Whishaw would've been great.

Percyfoot is so fun to think about casting wise. He's a celebrated, pompous stage actor. I've always imagined Stephen...[read on]
Follow Aaron Jackson on Twitter.

The Page 69 Test: The Astonishing Life of August March.

My Book, The Movie: The Astonishing Life of August March.

--Marshal Zeringue