Sunday, April 19, 2020

Dan Stout's "Titan’s Day," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Titan's Day by Dan Stout.

The entry begins:
I admit that I'm not one for knowing actors and casting, but if there was going to be a Titan's Day movie, there is one element that I definitely have a feel for: the cinematography. Titan's Day (and the Carter Archives series) is a blend of noir fantasy, set in a world with 1970s-era technology. That means disco glam and narrow, cobblestone streets, contrasts of dark and light, and a feeling that the killers lurking in the shadows might only be matched by the secrets held in people's hearts. I try to put that feeling on each page, entwined inextricably with the story itself. A great source of inspiration are the directors of photography who helped shape classic noir.

The visual language of film doesn't translate directly to the page, but...[read on]
Visit Dan Stout's website.

My Book, The Movie: Titanshade.

Writers Read: Dan Stout (April 2019).

The Page 69 Test: Titanshade.

The Page 69 Test: Titan's Day.

My Book, The Movie: Titan's Day.

--Marshal Zeringue