Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Marty Ambrose's "A Shadowed Fate," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: A Shadowed Fate by Marty Ambrose.

The entry begins:
As a theatre minor in college, I always imagined how different actors might play the characters in my favorite books; and, needless to say, I’ve thought quite a bit about who might portray my major characters on the big screen. Although I write about mostly larger-than life actual literary figures from the nineteenth century, I still think there are actors who could play them with depth and complexity.

My heroine, Claire Clairmont is probably the most challenging because in my historical mysteries she is both a young woman of seventeen and an older woman in her early 70s. So, I always imagined her as being played by two actors. I would cast Jessica Brown Findlay as a young Claire. She is the British actress who played Sybil in Downton Abbey, and I think she captures the rebellious quality and the intense romantic longings that are so much a part of Claire as a young woman. The older Claire would have to be played by...[read on]
Visit Marty Ambrose's website.

The Page 69 Test: A Shadowed Fate.

My Book, The Movie: A Shadowed Fate.

--Marshal Zeringue