Monday, March 16, 2020

David Hofmeyr's "The Between," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Between by David Hofmeyr.

The entry begins:
I like the look of someone like Mackenzie Foy for Ana. She has a quiet intensity. But I can’t say for sure who I’d pick for the main roles. Casting a YA novel is difficult because, in most cases, you’re dealing with unknowns, teens with just a few films to their name. All I can say is the actor who plays Ana must be able to convey her character arc. From fear to courage. And show vulnerability, but also strength.

Malik’s character might be a younger version of...[read on]
Visit David Hofmeyr's website.

My Book, the Movie: Stone Rider.

The Page 69 Test: Stone Rider.

Writers Read: David Hofmeyr (August 2015).

My Book, The Movie: The Between.

--Marshal Zeringue