Monday, February 02, 2015

Lynn Chandler Willis's "Wink of an Eye," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Wink of an Eye by Lynn Chandler Willis.

The entry begins:
I've had many readers say they can visualize Wink of an Eye on a screen, whether it's a big one in a theater or a small one in a home entertainment center doesn't matter. They can see the story. Which, to me, is a good thing because it means I've succeeded at bringing these characters to life. When a reader can see the character, or hear the soundtrack, or even hear the character's voice, I've done my job.

All writers have different methods to their madness and mine involves casting characters. Some writers only have a basic idea of what their characters look like, how they talk, or walk. I get an image stuck in my head and that's the character. From the beginning to the end, I seldom waver on blonde hair or brown hair, tall or short. I know exactly what that character would look like if they were to leap off the page and onto a screen. Whether a reader shares my vision or not, doesn't matter. They have their own vision and until the role is actually cast, they can envision who they'd like to see play the part just as I do.

From the very beginning of Wink of an Eye, from initial concept, I had the following actors in mind to play the major roles.

Private Eye Michael “Gypsy” Moran: Gerard Butler
Claire Kinley Sellers: Julie...[read on]
Visit Lynn Chandler Willis's website.

My Book, The Movie: Wink of an Eye.

--Marshal Zeringue