Monday, February 16, 2015

Diane Stanley's "The Chosen Prince," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Chosen Prince by Diane Stanley.

The entry begins:
People are always suggesting new careers for me, as in, “Wow, you could be (an architect, chef, radio announcer)!” But no one has ever, ever said, “Wow, you could be a casting director!” Not only have I not kept up with the latest batch of young Hollywood stars and starlets, as in, “Is Channing Tatum a man or a woman?” Half the time I can’t even pull up the names of the old ones I know and love. But if you will allow me magical powers so I can cast actors at different moments in their lives, I will give My Book, The Movie a try:

Alexos is my main character and will have to carry the movie. He must be intense and vulnerable with a sharp intelligence and lots of charisma. The only person I can imagine who could play him to my satisfaction is a teenaged Benedict Cumberbatch (with the Sherlock hair but not the attitude).

Aria, my heroine, needs to be unforgettable (certainly Alexos can’t forget her). She should be just pretty enough, but in an unusual way. Mostly she has to be strong and independent. I think a slightly younger Jennifer...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Diane Stanley's website and Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: The Princess of Cortova.

My Book, The Movie: The Chosen Prince.

--Marshal Zeringue