Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Kathryn Lasky's "The Rise of a Legend," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Guardians of Ga'Hoole: The Rise of a Legend by Kathryn Lasky.

The entry begins:
Well I am one of the lucky authors who did get to see her books turned into a movie. My first three books in the Guardians of Ga’Hoole series were made into the Warner Brothers 3D animation film Legend of the Guardians. And although the story was changed quite a bit I loved the acting and the gorgeous animation. Now my first new owl book in five years, The Rise of A Legend, has just been released. It focuses on Ezlyryb, the sage of the Great Ga’Hoole Tree, and tells about his life as a young commander and I really have some ideas in my head about who should play what parts. Geoffrey Rush played Ezylryb in the last movie. So I vote for him again but Ezylryb was old then so we need a great actor to play him as a youngster in the first half of the book. My choice would be Daniel...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Kathryn Lasky's website.

Writers Read: Kathryn Lasky.

My Book, The Movie: The Rise of a Legend.

--Marshal Zeringue