Saturday, August 17, 2013

Clay Carmichael's "Brother, Brother," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Brother, Brother by Clay Carmichael.

The entry begins:
When asked for entries for the blogs My Book, The Movie and/or Coffee with a Canine, I thought: Brother, Brother has two great dogs, so why not a canine-casting mash-up? In fact, when my editor Nancy Mercado bought the manuscript, she sent me a tongue-in-cheek canine guide to the characters in my book, which I redesigned only slightly to make-believe cast my pretend movie. I also invited galley readers to chime in with casting suggestions on my blog, Goodreads, Facebook, and Twitter. We had a blast coming up with the perfect actors for the book's ruthless and grasping Southern senator (no shortage of real-life role models around here); intrepid, outspoken, mystery-solving teens (ditto); and strong, smart North Carolina women (ditto again).

Since the actors could be living or dead, and aged-out of the part was okay, there were multitudes of choices and a slew of grade-A alternates/runners-up, which included:

For teen twins Brother/Gabriel: Will Rothhaar, Jonathan Jackson, James Franco, Liam...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Clay Carmichael's website, blog, and Twitter perch.

My Book, The Movie: Brother, Brother.

--Marshal Zeringue