Saturday, August 31, 2013

Five of the best pregnancy books

Claire Zulkey is a writer who lives in Chicago.  Her books include the novel An Off Year. She also edits the aptly named website, Zulkey.com.

At The Barnes & Noble Book Blog Zulkey tagged five top books for "the type of pregnant woman who wants information, minus the finger-wagging or tantric herbal perineal massage," including:
How To Have Your Second Child First, by Kerry Colburn and Rob Sorenson

I dogeared more pages in this book than I didn’t. I knew going into parenthood that I didn’t want to try to reinvent the wheel when it came to raising our child. If I could learn some shortcuts and tips that could reduce my stress level once the baby came along, I was down. Colburn and Sorenson’s book looks almost like a gift book, but make no mistake: the advice in it is a lifesaver for any new parent who wants a reality check (on such topics as the uselessness of luxuries like wipe warmers).
Read about another book on the list.

Visit Claire Zulkey's website.

--Marshal Zeringue