Sunday, April 08, 2012

Deborah Grabien's Kinkaid Chronicles, the movies

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: the Kinkaid Chronicles by Deborah Grabien.

Her entry begins:
Show me a fiction writer anywhere in the western world who claims they haven’t cast the film version of their work, and I’ll show you a writer I don’t think I believe. I’m not personally big on popular culture these days – since everything from writing to cooking to singing has become a form of competition, the only TV I watch regularly are BBC America’s Top Gear, weather shows like Stormchasers, and hockey games (which are supposed to be competition) – but I’ve cast my latest book. Hell, I’ve cast the entire series, because the Kinkaid Chronicles are now at eight books and counting.

These are books about adults, growing up emotionally to match their actual ages in the muffling, surreal world of rock stardom. They do adult things. When we meet them in Rock & Roll Never Forgets, it’s June 2005 and John Kinkaid is mid-fiftyish. Bree Godwin is eleven years his junior. So, casting them was easy: Ralph...[read on]
Learn more about the books and author at Deborah Grabien's website.

The Page 69 Test: While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

My Book, The Movie: the Kinkaid Chronicles.

--Marshal Zeringue