Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jennifer Stevenson's "The Brass Bed," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Brass Bed by Jennifer Stevenson.

The entry begins:
The Brass Bed was by far my most “constructed” book, as were the sequels. I knew it would be a series from the git-go, and I knew I wanted known faces and voices to help me solidify the characters as quickly as possible.

I picked Drew Barrymore for Jewel Heiss—yes, I know Drew’s five feet tall, but so am I, and honestly who wouldn’t prefer a fictional avatar who was six feet tall if she had the choice? I found a photo of her online that completely characterizes Jewel: Drew is wearing boxing shorts and boxing gloves and a serious expression, poised with her gloves up in front of her. The contrast between her toughness and her nakedness is...[read on]
Visit Jennifer Stevenson's website, blog, and Facebook page.

My Book, the Movie: Trash Sex Magic.

My Book, The Movie: Fools Paradise.

My Book, The Movie: The Brass Bed.

--Marshal Zeringue