Thursday, April 19, 2007

What is Robert W. Bennett reading?

The current featured author at Writers Read: Robert Bennett, Nathaniel L. Nathanson Professor of Law at the Northwestern University School of Law and author of, most recently, Taming the Electoral College.

Bennett's contribution to the blog opens:
I saw an old friend recently who at eighty remains one of Chicago's most active and engaged citizens. He reported that he had cancelled his subscriptions to daily newspapers. He glances at them at the office on occasion and reads the New York Review of Books regularly, but has moved the focus of his daily reading to books, largely dealing with history. And that doesn't keep him from an active involvement in the life of the city, and indeed the nation. I'm sorely tempted. The New York Times takes up a good deal of my evenings, and articles and books related to work the reading time during the day. To be sure, a good deal of that gives me great pleasure, sometimes even unexpected, as in the case of the book manuscript I recently reviewed for a publisher seeking the traditional outside stamp of approval. I'm not ready to make my friend's leap yet, but part of me admires his bold move.
See what books Bennett has been reading.

The Page 69 Test: Robert Bennett's Taming the Electoral College.

--Marshal Zeringue