Sunday, February 11, 2024

Q&A with Cara Tanamachi

From my Q&A with Cara Tanamachi, author of The Takeover: A Novel:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

My working title for this book was actually Hate Mate, but my editor at MacMillan thought this might be too close to The Hating Game, and she pitched The Takeover, which I think works very well. My book is a fun rivals-to-lovers romance about two former high school rivals that meet up again in their adult lives. The last time they competed it was for valedictorian, but now it’s all about the future of the company Toggle, which Jae is trying to take over.

What's in a name?

Nami is a character from my other book, The Second You’re Single, and her name means “wave” in Japanese, which I felt suited her perfectly. She’s a perfectionist, but...[read on]
Visit Cara Tanamachi's website.

Q&A with Cara Tanamachi.

--Marshal Zeringue