Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Q&A with Martha Anne Toll

From my Q&A with Martha Anne Toll, author of Three Muses:

The entry begins:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

I consider titles tremendously important. Three Muses frames my entire book. These mythical women are Song, Discipline, and Memory, and those three concepts braid the book together. For about nine of the ten years that I was writing this book, I called it "The Three Muses." Then one day I woke up and realized there was power in removing the article. Too often "the" gets in our way! The title as it is now, is meant to take readers right into the novel.

What's in a name?

I gave my male protagonist the name "John," because...[read on]
Visit Martha Anne Toll's website.

My Book, The Movie: Three Muses.

Q&A with Martha Anne Toll.

--Marshal Zeringue