Saturday, September 17, 2022

Martha Anne Toll's "Three Muses," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Three Muses by Martha Anne Toll.

The entry begins:
What a concept. I am in the book writing business, not the film business so while I love this prompt, it’s hard for me to answer. But I’m happy to try!

I’d be thrilled if Three Muses were made into a movie. Given that many of the pivotal scenes take place in a ballet studio and on the stage, I think it is especially cinematic.

My biggest request would be for the protagonist to be played by a real, professional ballerina, so that she, not a stunt double, can do the dancing. My first choice would be Isabella Boylston, who is a principal dancer with the American Ballet Theatre. Boylston is a dancer of extraordinary grace and precision – two skills that do not often go together. She is a joy to watch on stage, and I’d be thrilled for her art to reach a wider audience.

As for John, the male protagonist, my first choice would be a young...[read on]
Visit Martha Anne Toll's website.

My Book, The Movie: Three Muses.

--Marshal Zeringue