Sunday, August 29, 2021

Q&A with Kate Myles

From my Q&A with Kate Myles, author of The Receptionist:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

The Receptionist
is short and to-the-point. People tell me it’s a great title, so that must count for something! It lets us know we’ll be meeting an entry level worker who does something in the thriller vein…something nefarious. As we get into the book, I like the fact that the title character is not the protagonist. She’s more of a change agent in the other characters’ lives.

What's in a name?

Doug. Say it with me, “Doug.” He’s a monosyllable. A gen-xer. A former frat boy running his dad’s company into the ground. In fifth grade, I sat next to a Doug. He was always...[read on]
Visit Kate Myles's website.

Q&A with Kate Myles.

--Marshal Zeringue