Monday, August 09, 2021

Q&A with Ally Malinenko

From my Q&A with Ally Malinenko, author of Ghost Girl:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

I think Ghost Girl as a title does a decent amount of work. Maybe it’s a story about a girl who is a ghost. Maybe it’s a story about a girl who sees ghosts. It could go either way. But two things are definite – there’s a ghost and a girl. And that is factually true in the book. That said, I feel I should mention that I did not come up with the title. My publisher did. My book was originally called The Trick of the Devil. We had a list of other potentials but landed on Ghost Girl. Now I can’t imagine it being anything else. Words are funny like that.

What's in a name?

My main character's name is Zera. Zera is a name...[read on]
Visit Ally Malinenko's website.

Q&A with Ally Malinenko.

--Marshal Zeringue