Sunday, May 10, 2020

Q&A with Kimberly McCreight

From my Q&A with Kimberly McCreight, author of A Good Marriage:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

In this case, my title really is everything! A Good Marriage goes to the heart of the novel’s themes, as well as much of its plot. I was interested in looking at what really makes a good marriage and challenging the idea that there are any true golden rules. My title poses the central question that’s at the heart of the book, which is most definitely also a thriller. What’s funny is that I actually wasn’t sure I wanted A Good Marriage to be my final title. Because...[read on]
Visit Kimberly McCreight's website.

The Page 69 Test: Reconstructing Amelia.

The Page 69 Test: The Scattering.

The Page 69 Test: The Collide.

Q&A with Kimberly McCreight.

--Marshal Zeringue