Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Demetra Brodsky's "Last Girls," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Last Girls by Demetra Brodsky.

The entry begins:
For every book I write, I create a Pinterest board to go with the plot and characters. I always have a specific actor or image in mind. Sometimes, it's an actor I've seen in a movie or TV show that gives me the vibe I'm looking for, but mostly it's just good luck. Here's how I see the Juniper sisters in Last Girls play out in the movie in my head.

Honey: Diana Silvers

Honey is protective and loyal. I loved Diana Silvers’s performance in Booksmart. She’s has the right mix of confidence, responsibly, and sarcasm to back up Honey’s traits.

Birdie: Emily Rudd

I haven’t seen Emily Rudd in much but she gives me a false ingĂ©nue vibe that I think would work well for Birdie if she were able to balance Birdie’s rebellion with her fierce and romantic nature. To me, Birdie would be the hardest to play because...[read on]
Visit Demetra Brodsky's website.

Coffee with a Canine: Demetra Brodsky & L.B. and Ponyboy Curtis.

The Page 69 Test: Dive Smack.

My Book, The Movie: Dive Smack.

Q&A with Demetra Brodsky.

The Page 69 Test: Last Girls.

My Book, The Movie: Last Girls.

--Marshal Zeringue