Sunday, July 28, 2019

Angie Kim's "Miracle Creek," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Miracle Creek: A Novel by Angie Kim.

The entry begins:
I wrote Miracle Creek between 2012 and 2015, and during that time, I was obsessed with the TV show, The Americans. So it’s probably not surprising that I pictured actors/actresses from that show playing the characters in my novel. Young Yoo, the Korean immigrant mother, for example, I pictured being played by Ruthie Ann Miles, the amazing Tony-award-winning actress who portrayed the Korean immigrant character Young-hee. Elizabeth, the mother on trial for murdering her 8-year old son, I pictured being played by Keri Russell (who played Elizabeth Jennings in The Americans), and I thought...[read on]
Visit Angie Kim's website.

My Book, The Movie: Miracle Creek.

--Marshal Zeringue