Monday, February 20, 2017

What is Dan Gutman reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Dan Gutman, author of Ms. Joni Is a Phony!.

His entry begins:
This has nothing to do with my new book Ms. Joni Is a Phony!, but right now I'm reading A People's History of the United States, by Howard Zinn. I didn't take a single history class in college (Psych major), but have become a history buff since then and I've put a lot of history in my books (such as Flashback Four: The Lincoln Project). So I thought it might be a good idea to sit down and actually...[read on]
About Ms. Joni Is a Phony!, from the publisher:
In this seventh book in the new My Weirdest School series, it’s picture day at Ella Mentry School! This year, Mr. Klutz has hired a weird photographer, Ms. Joni. She keeps saying “fabulous,” and she wants to turn A.J. into a supermodel. But what happens when the Picture Day Zombie makes an appearance? Run for your lives!

Perfect for reluctant readers and word lovers alike, Dan Gutman’s hugely popular My Weird School chapter book series has something for everyone. Don’t miss the hilarious adventures of A.J. and the gang.
Visit Dan Gutman's website.

Writers Read: Dan Gutman.

--Marshal Zeringue