Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Sara Flannery Murphy's "The Possessions," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Possessions: A Novel by Sara Flannery Murphy.

The entry begins:
Maybe there are authors out there who aren’t interested in their novels’ theoretical movie adaptations. I’m definitely not one of them; I love playing the casting game during the writing process.

Mia Wasikowska would be a great Eurydice. She makes even quiet, repressed personalities feel multilayered. She also has a subtle dark side that I appreciate. Many of her roles are girls and women who switch from observers to participants: Alice, Jane Eyre, Edith in Crimson Peak, India in Stoker. That’s a quality I see in Edie as well.

I can imagine Eva Green as Sylvia. She’d capture the intensity and inherent mystery that Sylvia needs as a character who’s...[read on]
Visit Sara Flannery Murphy's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Possessions.

--Marshal Zeringue