Monday, June 06, 2016

Gary Corby's "The Singer from Memphis," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Singer from Memphis by Gary Corby.

The entry begins:
I've written one of these fun pieces for every book I've ever released, so my plan is not to repeat the series characters who appear in every book. Instead I'll look at the guest stars of The Singer from Memphis.

Let me start with Herodotus. On the very first line, the Father of History knocks on Nico's door. Herodotus needs some help with research for a book he's writing. Nico can't work out why anyone would be interested in reading about history, but circumstances conspire to make him agree, and so Nico, Diotima, and Herodotus are off to Egypt. To play the part of Herodotus we must have Herodotus himself. That's so I can go all fanboy and visit the studio while they're filming and get his autograph.

Next we have the singer from Memphis herself, a lady named Djanet. For Djanet we must have...[read on]
Visit Gary Corby's blog.

The Page 69 Test: The Pericles Commission.

My Book, The Movie: The Pericles Commission.

My Book, The Movie: The Ionia Sanction.

The Page 69 Test: The Ionia Sanction.

The Page 69 Test: Sacred Games.

My Book, The Movie: Sacred Games.

The Page 69 Test: The Marathon Conspiracy.

My Book, The Movie: The Marathon Conspiracy.

My Book, The Movie: Death Ex Machina.

The Page 69 Test: Death Ex Machina.

My Book, The Movie: The Singer from Memphis.

--Marshal Zeringue