Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Megan Abbott's "The Fever," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Fever by Megan Abbott.

The entry begins:
I never think of specific people while writing a book. It would feel too specific, maybe limiting. But, as a movielover since childhood, once the book is complete, I often imagine the possibilities. And so I find myself doing that with The Fever. It’s the story of the Nash family, father Tom, a high school science teacher, and his two teenage children, handsome hockey star Eli and earnest Deenie. Deenie’s friend is stricken by a violent seizure in class one day and, with terrifying rapidity, other girls at the school are similarly afflicted.

For Deenie, sixteen and serious, complicated and loyal, I imagine one actress. The same actress I had in mind after finishing my last novel, Dare Me, and the one before that, The End of Everything. And she is...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Megan Abbott's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Fever.

--Marshal Zeringue