Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pauls Toutonghi's "Evel Knievel Days," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Evel Knievel Days by Pauls Toutonghi.

The entry begins:
The idea that your book could be made into a film is worrisome. What if the actors replace the images you have in mind of the characters, themselves? Will your imagination be forever compromised and invaded -- colonized by a Hollywood Studio?

For many thousands of dollars, however? Well, let's just say I'm open to negotiation.

I think I'll start with The Ghost of William Andrews Clark. To say that I patterned him after "The Stranger" in The Big Lebowski -- the narrator character played by Sam Elliott -- would be an understatement. In fact, I watched The Big Lebowski three or four times during the process of writing the book. The voice of the narrator of that film kept popping into my imagination, persistently, and so: A character was born.

For Khosi himself, I love...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Pauls Toutonghi's website.

My Book, The Movie: Evel Knievel Days.

--Marshal Zeringue