Saturday, September 06, 2008

What is Doreen Orion reading?

Now featured contributor at Writers Read: Doreen Orion, author of Queen of the Road: The True Tale of 47 States, 22,000 Miles, 200 Shoes, 2 Cats, 1 Poodle, a Husband, and a Bus With a Will of Its Own.

Her entry begins:
I just finished Kristy Kiernan’s Matters of Faith. The entire time I was reading it, I kept wondering where this author has been all my life. This is only her second novel and I feel like I belong to an elite club: people who, years from now will say, “Oh, I read Kristy Kiernan before she was Kristy Kiernan.” Since I write memoir, I really admire novelists, since they imagine entire stories. [read on]
To learn more about Doreen Orion and her book, and to see humorous video reenactments of her many disasters on the road (including finding herself at a nudist RV park), visit the Queen of the Road website.

The Page 69 Test: Queen of the Road.

Writers Read: Doreen Orion
.

--Marshal Zeringue