Thursday, May 31, 2007

What is Ann Brashares reading?

Ann Brashares, author of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, talked to the Christian Science Monitor about what she's been watching and listening to.

And reading:

In the last month I read two books I absolutely loved. The first was Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. It has an unusual narrative structure, but do not be put off by it. It is a brilliant, funny, amazing book. The second was Lonesome Dove [by Larry McMurtry]. I was moved to go out and buy it when my trusted friend (and literary agent) said, "You haven't read 'Lonesome Dove'? I am jealous." Now I, in turn, am jealous of all of you who have yet to experience the pleasure of it.
Read more about Brashares's taste in movies and music.

Ann Brashares's new novel, The Last Summer (of You and Me) -- this one is for adult readers -- will be published by Riverhead on June 5.

--Marshal Zeringue