Monday, December 11, 2023

Q&A with Ryan Kenedy

From my Q&A with Ryan Kenedy, author of The Blameless:

About the book, from the publisher:
How much work does your title do to take readers into the story?

The title The Blameless occurred to me early on, even before I began writing the novel, which is unusual for me. Typically, I struggle to find good titles for my work and I'm rarely satisfied with the titles I settle on. But I knew The Blameless would be a novel about a man convicted of murder, so the idea of blame was central to my initial conception of the book. Of course, we all know what it's like to carry blame for hurting other people, and we also know what it's like to blame ourselves for things we shouldn't be blamed for, things that were never our fault, particularly those things that occurred during childhood. The novel's two main characters, Travis Lee Hilliard and Virginia Bigelow, struggle to process the lifelong effects of blame and guilt. Given who we are and all we've done, is true forgiveness even possible? Or to put in another way, can...[read on]
Visit Ryan Kenedy's website.

Q&A with Ryan Kenedy.

--Marshal Zeringue