Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Kelly Oliver's "Jackal," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Jackal by Kelly Oliver.

The entry begins:
I once imagined twenty-something Jessica James, the titular character of the series, played by Jennifer Lawrence or Emma Watson because they both are spunky young heroines. Now, at only 28, somehow Jennifer Lawrence feels too old—maybe because she’s won so many awards and played more mature roles.

So for Jackal, the latest installment in the Jessica James Mystery series, I’m thinking of Saorise Ronan, a fantastic actress who proved her comic chops in Lady Bird, where she was smart-mouthed (like Jessica) but also vulnerable. And in Brooklyn she was self-sufficient, strong and lovely. Hanna is my favorite. She played a genetically engineered badass. Talk about girl power!

I still like Emma Watson because along with being a great actress, she’s a feminist and she has a book club. You gotta like an actress with a book club! Okay, I’m rethinking...[read on]
Visit Kelly Oliver's website.

My Book, The Movie: Wolf.

My Book, The Movie: Jackal.

--Marshal Zeringue