Sunday, October 21, 2018

Chris Difford's six best books

Chris Difford is a founder member and lyricist with the band Squeeze, perhaps best known in the US for the hit songs "Tempted" and "Black Coffee In Bed."

His new memoir is Some Fantastic Place: My Life In and Out of Squeeze.

One of Difford's six best books, as shared at the Daily Express:
FAREWELL MY LOVELY by Raymond Chandler

I read all Chandler's books when I was about 17. I used to wear a hat like Humphrey Bogart and see all those wonderful films.

I loved the language and it made me write a certain way.
Read about another entry on the list.

Farewell, My Lovely is among Andrew Martin’s ten best examples of dialogue in crime fiction, Lynda La Plante's six best books, and Dennis McDougal's five top books on Southern California; it features one of the fifty greatest villains in literature.

--Marshal Zeringue