Saturday, September 08, 2018

Tanya Marquardt's "Stray," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Stray: Memoir of a Runaway by Tanya Marquardt.

The entry begins:
Stray begins the day I ran away from home, and this inciting incident sparked two chaotic years, including life with my father, a traveling vacuum cleaner salesman; my first attraction to a girl and witnessing her self-cutting; being in a BDSM bar as an underage virgin and exploring my burgeoning queerness; a writing teacher’s praise, which saved me from suicide; and, how art sustained me throughout, helping me to begin the journey back to myself. Which would make it an amazing role for a young actress. The sexuality would make it necessary to cast a someone who was older than I was at the time, and right now I am super into Elle...[read on]
Visit Tanya Marquardt's website.

My Book, The Movie: Stray.

--Marshal Zeringue