Monday, September 10, 2018

Margaret Mizushima’s "Burning Ridge," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Burning Ridge: A Timber Creek K-9 Mystery by Margaret Mizushima.

The entry begins:
This is fun! And who doesn’t dream that their book will be made into a movie someday?

Prior to writing the first book in my mystery series, I created a storyboard with pictures literally ripped from the pages of magazines. I included landscapes to help develop the fictional setting of Timber Creek, Colorado; photos of the animals that live in that habitat; and yes, pictures of celebrities whose features and characteristics could inspire creation of my protagonists. I’m happy to share those visions here today.

Deputy Mattie Cobb, the first K-9 handler in the Timber Creek County Sheriff’s Department. Mattie won this honor by beating her male counterparts in a cross-country foot race. She’s fit, beautiful, and of half-Hispanic ancestry. I would cast Jessica Alba in her role. I’ve been in love with Jessica as an actress since I first saw her years ago in the television series, Dark Angel. She’s athletic, gorgeous, and would lend the right ethnicity to Mattie Cobb’s character.

Veterinarian Cole Walker. Cole’s wife left him and his two daughters prior to the beginning of the series, and ever since he’s been on a fast track, learning to be...[read on]
Visit Margaret Mizushima's website.

Coffee with a Canine: Margaret Mizushima & Hannah, Bertie, Lily and Tess.

My Book, The Movie: Burning Ridge.

--Marshal Zeringue