Thursday, December 14, 2017

Mandy Mikulencak's "The Last Suppers," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Last Suppers by Mandy Mikulencak.

The entry begins:
When I start to envision the characters in my books, it can feel like a subconscious rather than conscious exercise. Our brains house so much information on popular culture – TV, movies, books, magazines. I think authors instinctively draw from that virtual storehouse of attributes to form a picture in their minds of what their own characters look or talk like, and what mannerisms they possess. Sometimes it’s a perfect fit. For my current novel, The Last Suppers, I believe that Josh Brolin would be ideal for the role of Roscoe Simms, the warden. A secondary character – Dot, who works in the kitchen with the main character, Ginny – is absolutely Octavia Spencer (although my husband insists that Oprah Winfrey would make a perfect Dot). Ginny’s father, Joe – whose character is only told in flashback – is...[read on]
Visit Mandy Mikulencak's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Last Suppers.

--Marshal Zeringue