Monday, September 19, 2016

Marina Budhos's "Watched," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Watched by Marina Budhos.

The entry begins:
I have the happy circumstance of saying my book is being made into a film. Or, at the very least, it has been optioned and a filmmaker is currently writing the screenplay. However, for this very reason, we’re not right now ‘naming’ actors. Instead I can talk about what I think the film could be like:

I see the movie of Watched as pushing even further than the popular Night of HBO series (which obsessed many of this summer). That is, I think an adaptation of my novel is a chance to go even deeper into a Queens Muslim immigrant community, to get to know them better, from the inside, and to especially get to know a male teenager negotiating the gritty urban streets of the city. I’d love the film to...[read on]
Visit Marina Budhos's website.

My Book, The Movie: Watched.

--Marshal Zeringue