Sunday, September 04, 2016

What is Gerald Elias reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Gerald Elias, author of Playing With Fire.

His entry begins:
When I was a child I watched every TV Western under the sun, from The Lone Ranger to Maverick to Gunsmoke to Bat Masterson to Bonanza. Who can forget Cheyenne, Sugarfoot, Roy Rogers, and The High Chaparral? The Rebel, The Virginian, Yancy Derringer, and Wild Bill Hickock? Branded, The Rifleman (both starring Chuck Connors), Have Gun Will Travel, Wanted Dead or Alive, Cimarron Strip? I think I literally watched a hundred different series before I could shave. Thank God there were only a handful of stations in those days.

On the other hand, other than a modest dose of Zane Grey and Tony Hillerman, I haven’t read many Westerns. Until now. Not surprisingly, it started out watching TV: the excellent Netflix Western mystery series, Longmire. As I approached Season Three I discovered that the series is based on novels by author, Craig Johnson. So now I’m reading As the Crow Flies, and as I...[read on]
About Playing With Fire, from the publisher:
The latest Daniel Jacobus mystery holds a mirror to the glittery façade of the concert world, delving into the multimillion-dollar sleight-of-hand of violin dealing...

When an anxious phone call from obscure violinmaker Amadeo Borlotti disturbs Daniel Jacobus's Christmas Eve festivities, he and his friends Nathaniel and Yumi make light of it. Borlotti preferred the quiet life in the country away from the limelight, but his larceny grew incessantly. Now it's up to Jacobus to find out why.
Learn more about the book and author at Gerald Elias's website.

The Page 69 Test: Devil's Trill.

The Page 69 Test: Danse Macabre.

My Book, The Movie: Devil's Trill and Danse Macabre.

The Page 69 Test: Death and the Maiden.

My Book, The Movie: Playing With Fire.

The Page 69 Test: Playing With Fire.

Writers Read: Gerald Elias.

--Marshal Zeringue