Monday, April 04, 2016

Lucinda Riley's "The Storm Sister," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Storm Sister (Book #2 of The Seven Sisters) by Lucinda Riley.

The entry begins:
As a former actress, there is nothing more satisfying than the game of casting my own characters. I remember sweating before auditions in London, and then wondering what was going through the casting director’s mind as I read for a part. While my acting days are long over, I do so admire the young British actors of today. So for my main character Ally in The Storm Sister, I would have to choose Eleanor Tomlinson, who was so brilliant in the BBC adaptation of Poldark. With her vibrant red hair and feisty personality, she would really do Ally justice. Ally’s half-American lover and fellow sailor Theo would be played by Jake Gyllenhaal.

For all my sisters in this series, I imagine that their historical ancestor will be played by the same actress, as they are physically similar. So Ally’s great-great-grandmother Anna would...[read on]
Visit Lucinda Riley's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Storm Sister.

My Book, The Movie: The Storm Sister.

--Marshal Zeringue