Friday, April 22, 2016

Brenda Janowitz's "The Dinner Party," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Dinner Party: A Novel by Brenda Janowitz.

The entry begins:
One of the best parts of writing a book is “casting” the movie in your mind. For The Dinner Party, I had many parts to fill. It’s the story of three very different families, two generations, who gather for a Passover Seder they won’t soon forget.

Since the Passover Seder takes place at the Gold family home, I thought I’d give casting the Gold family a try.

For my hostess with the mostess, Sylvia, it’s got to be Meryl Streep. Meryl can do anything, and I’d love to see how she handles hosting a Passover Seder while tensions simmer beneath the surface. (Also, Meryl Streep was pictured next to my book when US Weekly featured it this week, so I’ve got Meryl on my mind….)

For Sylvia’s darling husband Alan...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Brenda Janowitz's website.

My Book, The Movie: Recipe for a Happy Life.

My Book, The Movie: The Dinner Party.

--Marshal Zeringue