Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Ten top SF novels with serious science

Sylvain Neuvel's new novel is Sleeping Giants. One of his top ten speculative fiction novels with serious science, as shared at the B & N Sci-Fi & Fantasy Blog:
The Flicker Men, by Ted Kosmatka

I think this is the perfect use of science in fiction. Take a well-known physics experiment and add one tiny little twist – a simple question, really. Sick and twisted, but so beautifully simple. About a hundred pages in, I was cursing the author for messing with my mind. This book is evil. Best thing I’ve read in a while.
Read about another entry on the list.

The Flicker Men is among David Walton's top five "books [that] take their audacious premises seriously, and bit by bit, explore the consequences to the characters and to humanity at large."

The Page 69 Test: The Flicker Men.

My Book, The Movie: The Flicker Men.

--Marshal Zeringue