Monday, September 07, 2015

Stephanie Gayle’s "Idyll Threats," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Idyll Threats by Stephanie Gayle.

The entry begins:
I’m not an author who usually thinks about casting actors for the film adaptation of my books - mostly because the odds of the book getting optioned and made are very slim. Plus, I know how much say an author has in the casting process (zero). But I’m game to play this round of My Book, The Movie.

My Idyll Threats protagonist, Thomas Lynch, is 44, a cop, tall, with brown hair and eyes. Big but buff. My first thought was Tom Selleck but he’s too old. Damn you, time! So then I thought of Joe Manganiello. He’s a bit younger than the Chief, but with that salt and pepper beard of his, he could pass, and I think he could project the combination of moody/smart/sexy that the Chief embodies.

For the secretary, Mrs. Dusnmore, with whom the Chief often argues, I’d cast Kristin...[read on]
Visit Stephanie Gayle's website.

My Book, The Movie: Idyll Threats.

--Marshal Zeringue